Care for your telescopic ladderProper care and maintenance is essential to achieve optimum performance from your Xtend+Climb® telescopic and to ensure you do not invalidate the warranty.
The Xtend+Climb® telescopic ladder is not like most traditional ladders – the very nature of moving components means it needs to be kept clean and dry when not in use
- To clean and lubricate your Xtend+Climb® telescopic ladder use a damp cloth to wipe down and remove any excess dirt. Use a dry cloth and apply silicone based furniture polish to the stiles of the ladder. This will leave a thin wax coating, allowing a smooth operation up and down
- If your Xtend+Climb® telescopic ladder is excessively wet – wipe down and use silicone spray to dry it out
- Be careful not to press the vertical tubing of the stiles against concrete or other hard surfaces that may dent the aluminium. Always rest the plastic couplings at the top against vertical or horizontal surface.
- Never use your Xtend+Climb® telescopic ladder horizontally as a plank
- Never use your Xtend+Climb® telescopic ladder as a vertical fire escape/RESQ ladder. They are not designed to be opened vertically downwards. The pins will not hold the downward force
- Never use WD40 or lubricants of that nature – they will attract dirt and dust which will clog the mechanisms
- Never leave your Xtend+Climb® telescopic ladder out in the rain
Download the latest care guide for the: Care Guide